GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
Aktas, Arda and Mehmet Emre Tiftik (2009). “Measuring Fiscal Sustainability for Practical Use in Short-term Policy Making.” Discussion Paper 3, Turkish Economic Association.
2. Barnhill, Theodore and George Kopits (2003). “Assessing Fiscal Sustainability Under Uncertainty.” IMF Working Paper
No 03/79. International Monetary Fund, Washington, D.C.
3. Celasun, Oya, Xavier Debrun, and Jonathan D. Ostry (2006). “Primary Surplus Behavior and Risks to Fiscal
Sustainability in Emerging Market Countries: A ‘Fan-Chart’ Approach.” IMF Working Paper 06/67. International
Monetary Fund, Washington, D.C.
4. Debrun, Xavier (2005). “Public Debt in South Africa: A Risk Analysis.” In South Africa—Selected Issues, IMF Country
Report 05/345. International Monetary Fund, Washington, D.C.
5. Di Bella, Gabriel (2008). “A Stochastic Framework for Public Debt Sustainability Analysis.” IMF Working Paper 08/58.
International Monetary Fund, Washington, D.C.
6. Di Giovanni, Julian and Edward Gardner (2008). “A Simple Stochastic Approach to Debt Sustainability Applied to
Lebanon.” IMF Working Paper 08/97. International Monetary Fund, Washington, D.C.
7. Garcia, M., and R. Rigobon (2005). “A Risk Management Approach to Emerging Markets’ Sovereign Debt Sustainability
with an Application to Brazilian Data.” NBER Working Paper 10336. Cambridge, Massachusetts: National Bureau of Economic Research.
8. Hostland, Doug and Philippe Karam (2005). “Assessing Debt Sustainability in Emerging Market Economies Using
Stochastic Simulation Methods.” IMF Working Paper WP/05/226. International Monetary Fund, Washington, D.C.
9. International Monetary Fund (2002). “Assessing Sustainability.” Policy Development and Review Department.
10. Mendoza, Enrique G., and P. Marcelo Oviedo (2004). “Public Debt, Fiscal Solvency and Macroeconomic Uncertainty in
Latin America: The Case of Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica and Mexico.” NBER Working Paper 10637. Cambridge,
Massachusetts: National Bureau of Economic Research.
11. Nassar, Koffie Ben and Catherine Pattillo (2009). “A Risk Analysis of Public Debt in the ECCU: A Fan Chart Approach.”
June 2009. IMF Country Report No. 09/176 Eastern Caribbean Currency Union: Selected Issues.
12. Penalver, Adrian, and Gregory Thwaites (2006). “Fiscal Rules for Debt Sustainability in Emerging Markets: The Impact
of Volatility and Default Risk.” Working Paper 307, Bank of England.
13. Reinhart, Carmen M., Kenneth S. Rogoff, and Miguel A. Savastano (2003). “Debt Intolerance.” Brookings Papers on
Economic Activity 1, pp. 1–74.
14. Tanner, Evan and Kevin Joseph Carey (2005. "The Perils of Tax Smoothing: Sustainable Fiscal Policy with Random
Shocks to Permanent Output." IMF Working Papers 05/207, International Monetary Fund.
15. Tanner, Evan and Issouf Samake (2005). “The Shocking Facts: Public Debt Sustainability in Brazil, Mexico and
Turkey.” IMF Working Paper 06/295. International Monetary Fund, Washington, D.C.
16. World Bank (2004a). Debt Sustainability in LICs—Proposal for an Operational Framework. World Bank, Washington,
17. --------------- (2004b). Debt Sustainability in LICs—Further Consideration. World Bank, Washington, D.C.